Please read the terms and conditions carefully before using this website. by using this website you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions. If you do not agree then please do not use this website or book a treatment session.
These terms and conditions relate to the relationship between ‘Massage and Movement’ and you in relation to the use of our website www.massageandmovement.co.uk and bookings. We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions.
The term ‘Massage and Movement’ or ‘training provider’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 11 Sleaford Road, Hall Green, Birmingham, B28 9QS. The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ relates to the user/viewer of the website.
You are expected to comply with the terms and conditions when making an online enquiry, attending a treatment, or booking a workshop (online only).
1. USE OF OUR WEBSITE
1. The content of the website is for general information only and subject to change without notice.
2. You may not use or reproduce any content from our website without permission and content is our property. Other content is credited to the owners/providers as far as reasonably possible.
3. Information on our site is for general information only and not intended to advise. It does not give advice you should rely on and you should refrain from taking action that may prove harmful based on information on this website. You must obtain professional advice.
4. Reasonable efforts are made to update information on our website, but we do not represent, warrant or guarantee (express or implied), that content is up to date, complete or accurate.
5. We do display links on this website to other websites for further information for you. We do not endorse or recommend these websites and have no responsibility or liability for their content.
6. You may not create a link from to this website from another source without owners written permission.
7. Disputes arising from use of this website are subject to English law.
2. TREATMENT SERVICE
1. Appointments must be pre-arranged by phone, text or e mail.
2. We offer one to one massage therapy, rehabilitation and injury management treatments. We do not claim to cure.
3.Treatment sessions will be agreed on a session-by-session basis.
4.Treatments are only devised, planned and given by us following an evaluation of your needs based on information disclosed by you during the initial or follow up consultation. You will be required to sign the consultation to agree that the information you have supplied is to the best of your knowledge accurate. It is your responsibility to inform us of any issues or changes in your health or life-style.
5. Exact treatment is agreed upon by you and us during the initial or follow up consultation. Any adaptions to the treatment plan/program will be negotiated and agreed with you during the treatment session.
6. No guarantee can be given of result or outcome of treatment. We aim to provide a service with reasonable care and skill.
7. If we deem it unsafe to treat, or require additional information from an external source you will be informed of this immediately and your session will be terminated. A small fee will be charged for the consultation.
8. You or we may stop a treatment session at any time. You will still be liable for the full treatment fee.
9. Treatment fees are agreed at the time of booking. Fees are payable by cash or bank transfer. You are liable to pay all treatment fees incurred including cancellation fees.
8. Cancellations. If you need to cancel a treatment session please contact us within 24 hours of the appointment to avoid a cancellation fee. If you cancel after 24 hours or fail to turn up, then the full treatment session fee applies. This should be paid within 14 days of the appointment. If we need to cancel an appointment due to unforeseen circumstances, any payments made in advance of the treatment session will be fully refunded or the treatment session rebooked.
3. ONLINE BOOKING OF TRAINING WORKSHOPS (Booked via Massage and Movement delivered by Meridian School of Massage and Bodywork (MSMB). For full terms and conditions of training workshops please visit www.jlmeridian.co.uk).
1. All workshops excepting part-time Diplomas are booked on line with a small deposit. Part-time Diplomas deposits or course fees can only be paid for after an interview by the training provider and acceptance onto the course.
2. All deposits are non-refundable on and after the 30 days prior to the workshop date.
3. Once a place is accepted on the Diploma course, after the 30-day period you are liable for the full course fee. This is regardless of whether you attend, do not attend, complete or do not complete the course.
4.Once your payment for a workshop is recieved you will receive an e mail from MSMB confirming your payment and place on the workshop.
5. If you need to cancel your place on a workshop (Diploma courses excepted) then it may be possible for you to transfer your payments to another workshop of similar type by contacting MSMB.
6. If MSMB need to cancel a workshop or Diploma due to unforeseen circumstances or lack of attendees, a full refund will be given by MSMB and you will be notified by phone call, text or e mail within 24 hours.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1.Information collected via the website is given by you in the contact form. This includes your e mail address, telephone number and any information you give on the contact form. By completing the contact form you give consent to sharing this information with us and using the information for the following purposes; to contact you, to administer booking treatment sessions or workshop places with the training provider.
2. Your information is not shared with or sold by us to any third party without your consent. This may be verbal or written. The exception to this term is when the information is required to be disclosed to a third party by law or in breach of this contract.
3. Your information is used in compliance with UK law and the General Data Protection Regulation.
2. Treatment sessions
1. Information collected during a treatment session is confidential and not shared without your consent either written or verbal.
2.You have the right to read your own treatment session notes. Copies are available to you or a third party with your permission with 30 days-notice.
2.Your information is stored and used in compliance with UK law and the General Data Protection Regulation. Written notes are kept secure in a locked filing cabinet behind a locked door.
3.Occassionally your contact details will be used to contact you about special offers, personal treatment plans, appointment reminders and newsletters with your permission. If you change your mind and do not wish to receive this information then you must contact us and opt out.
2.If your concern cannot be resolved by us, then we will offer you the opportunity to resolve it through the process of mediation.
3. If you remain dissatisfied then you will need to contact the appropriate professional body.